Weeknight vegetarian doesn’t get any easier than this: my roasted sweet potato tacos are ready with just 10 ingredients in under 45 minutes!
I get it: easy weeknight dinners are hard sometimes. You’ve been working since 7am (sometimes earlier!), if you’re like me you spent the last 30 minutes sitting in traffic trying to get home to your puppies, and snuggling up in front of the TV with some Chinese takeout seems like the perfect (and easiest) option. I’ve been there!
These roasted sweet potato tacos are for those nights! It’s so easy to keep a few extra sweet potatoes lying around the pantry, and with just 9 other ingredients you can whip up a tasty meal that the family will love that is cheap and quick. For these tacos, the sweet potatoes are the star: they are diced and tossed with olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper before being oven roasted to crispy perfection. For some extra crunch, be sure to throw them under the broiler for a few minutes at the end!
Related: Ancho Achiote Shredded Chicken Tacos
I love the lusciousness of sweet potatoes, and so I wanted accompanying elements that wouldn’t overpower that delightful flavor profile. Kale brings a rustic component to the dish, while white cheddar is the perfect amount of cheesiness without being too bold. And of course tacos wouldn’t be tacos without loads of fresh cilantro, lime juice, and crema!
These 10 ingredient sweet potato tacos are ready in under 45 minutes! http://wp.me/p61F7n-1d5 Click To Tweet
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite weeknight 10 ingredient or less dish that your family just can’t get enough of? Share with me by commenting below!
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, minced
- ½ cup crema (click for recipe)
- Limes, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Toss until sweet potatoes are evenly coated. Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes, until a fork can be easily inserted into the center of a sweet potato.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare other toppings. Char tortillas over an open flame (such as your gas stovetop or an outdoor grill) for about 10 seconds per side. Watch carefully (to prevent setting them on fire!). Place tortillas on a baking sheet and divide the white cheddar cheese evenly among them.
- Once sweet potato cubes have roasted, turn broiler on to high heat. Broil sweet potatoes for 2-3 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Stir them as needed to prevent burning. Remove tray from oven.
- Broil baking tray with tortillas and cheese for about 1 minute, until the cheese has melted. Remove tray from oven.
- To assemble tacos, top tortillas with shredded kale, roasted sweet potatoes, cilantro, and cream. Serve with limes. Enjoy!