I’m so obsessed with this beautiful summer drink! And you will be too, once you’ve tried my rhubarb vodka cocktails, with a homemade lavender honey simple syrup!
Oh boy do I love this one. I’m totally in love with craft cocktails, especially ones that are not only tasty but super gorgeous to look at! Today I’m sharing with you all the perfect summer craft cocktail, made from homemade rhubarb vodka. This is so easy to make: you just steep vodka with rhubarb slices for up to one week in the refrigerator. As the days go by, it becomes a richer and richer red color, and the longer you steep it, the more rhubarb-alicious it becomes!
I couldn’t wait to try this in a cocktail! I decided to pair it with another luscious but easy-to-make homemade simple syrup. This one is a honey simple syrup. It is as easy to make as regular simple syrup: you simply substitute the white sugar for honey. You can flavor this honey simple syrup in a similar fashion to regular simple syrup. In this case, I steeped it with lavender buds (these are my favorite!) for a rich floral aroma. I then paired it with fresh lemon juice and egg white for a little froth, and finished it with some bitters.
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite summer cocktail? Share with me by commenting below, and be sure to share this recipe on social media with your friends and family if you enjoyed it!
- 2 stalks rhubarb, diced into 1" pieces
- 2 cups vodka
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. dried lavender buds
- 1 egg white
- 2 oz. rhubarb vodka
- ½ oz. honey lavender simple syrup
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 1-2 drops bitters
- In a large airtight pitcher, combine rhubarb and vodka. Seal and allow to sit at room temperature for about 1 week.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and honey. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the honey is completely dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat and add lavender buds. Allow to steep for 10 minutes before straining the mixture into an airtight container. Allow to cool completely in refrigerator prior to use. Keeps for up to 4 weeks in a refrigerated airtight container.
- Chill a champagne coupe by filling it with ice water and setting it aside while you prepare the cocktail. Add egg white to a shaker. Replace top and shake for 25-30 seconds, until the egg white is frothy. Fill shaker with ice. Add vodka, honey lavender simple syrup, and lemon juice. Replace top and shake for 25-30 seconds until mixture is well-combined. Pour out ice water from champagne coupe and strain contents of shaker into glass. Top with 1-2 dashes of your favorite bitters (I like Angostura), and serve garnished with a rhubarb stalk, a lavender sprig, or a lemon slice, if desired.