A simple and quick summer fruit salad, featuring grilled plums atop creamy burrata, paired with fresh arugula and a balsamic basil vinaigrette.
Wow, has this weather been incredible or what lately? I hope y’all had an amazing Fourth of July! We played it pretty low key yesterday, after an eventful weekend up in the Leelanau Peninsula where my husband’s family’s cottage is located. It was a weekend filled with shopping, golfing, wine tasting, and eating… of course!
The weather has been absolutely beautiful around here, and it’s making me crave simple, delicious dishes that are quick to prepare and feature fresh ingredients. And what’s more deliciously fresh than creamy burrata just bought from the store that morning, and fresh plums charred on the grill? Answer: nothing!
This is so quick to put together, and so tasty! I love the way the creamy burrata plays off the warm charred plums. It just gets oozy and warm all over the plate… mmm! Paired with a quick balsamic basil vinaigrette and greens, this is a winning salad every time!
Related: Blueberry and Peach Tarts
Now it’s your turn: what are some of your favorite ways to celebrate fresh flavors in the summer? Let me know by commenting below!
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces burrata (try to get two balls of burrata)
- 1 handful arugula
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- A pinch of kosher salt
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the balsamic dressing until emulsified. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high heat. Brush flesh side of plums with olive oil and grill, flesh side down, until the plums develop brown charred markings. This should take about 5-8 minutes, but will depend on your grill and how hot it is. You could also use a grill pan, or the grill side of a panini press (my favorite way to make this salad!). When plums are grilled, set aside and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the burrata balls into quarters and divide evenly between two plates. When plums have cooled, divide them evenly on the plates. Top each plate with a few sprigs of arugula and 2 leaves of fresh basil. Drizzle each plate with the balsamic basil dressing and a small pinch of kosher salt. Enjoy!