Uh, wow. This looks absolutely amazing! To be totally honest I’d probably drink the sauce straight if I could, but poured over a nice hefty pile of noodles works too 🙂 Love this!
National Pasta Month is almost over! Somewhat depressing for me… but I’m still going strong sharing my pasta recipes: today I’ve got a tasty creamy garlic chicken pasta dish!
It’s a sad day today. The last post for National Pasta Month! But I’m going out with a bang with this recipe for creamy garlic chicken pasta! I think I love pasta an abnormally large amount compared to the average person. I’ve asked the hubby repeatedly why doesn’t he like pasta as much as I do and his answers have ranged from “I don’t know, I just prefer other carbs” to “literally nobody loves pasta as much as you do, Sarah.” Which I just can’t understand: pasta is my absolute favorite vessel for protein, veggies, and sauce!
Related: Mom’s Chicken “Chicky” Pasta
It starts with sautéing the chicken breast to get it nice and crispy on the outside and well-cooked on the inside, before shredding it. If you’re running short on time though, you could also buy one of those precooked chickens from your local grocery store and shred about 2 cups of it! (Bonus: shred the rest to use in salads and quesadillas for lunch!)
Tip: Looking for a way to quickly shred your chicken? After cooking your chicken breasts, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before adding to your KitchenAid mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Turn mixer on to medium speed and churn for about 20-30 seconds until fully shredded. Easy peasy!
Then I sauté shallots and garlic in some butter in the same pan. (Seriously, is there anything better than the smell of shallots and garlic cooking? I think not!) And I mean lots of garlic. Three minced cloves plus even more garlicky flavor in the form of concentrated garlic powder! Oh yeah. Add more or less according to your taste preferences! Then I use white wine, chicken stock, and heavy cream to create a luscious cream sauce. And as if it wasn’t creamy enough… let’s add some mascarpone to make it extra cheesy and luxurious! Then we toss all the pasta and chicken together with the sauce to coat everything nice and well, before seasoning with salt and pepper and serving with Parmesan. I can’t get over how simple and tasty this meal is!
Related: Lemon Oregano Chicken Pasta with Sautéed Onions and Bell Peppers
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite pasta recipe to celebrate National Pasta Month with? Share with me by commenting below!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock (this is my favorite!)
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- 1 lb. linguine, cooked al dente (this is my favorite!)
- Parmesan cheese, grated (for serving)
- Parsley, finely chopped (for serving)
- In a large skillet heated over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear in the pan, cooking for about 4-5 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through. Remove to a cutting board and allow to cool for a few minutes before shredding the cooked meat.
- Meanwhile, boil a large pot of salted water over high heat. Cook linguine until al dente while preparing sauce.
- In the same skillet where you cooked the chicken, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sauté shallots until they begin to caramelize, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add garlic powder and cook for 30 seconds, stirring to evenly coat the shallots with the garlic powder Add white wine to deglaze pan, and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add chicken stock and heavy cream and bring to a boil, then allow to simmer over medium to medium-high heat until sauce thickens, about 15-18 minutes. Turn heat to low and add mascarpone, whisking to combine. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Add shredded chicken and linguine, tossing until well combined. Serve pasta with freshly grated parmesan cheese and parsley on top. Enjoy!
chicken chicken pasta cream sauce creamy garlic sauce creamy pasta creamy pasta sauce garlic garlic sauce pasta recipes