This looks gorgeous! And you can never have enough hot sauce. Yum. I’ll have to try this!
There is nothing better than a delicious egg-filled brunch, and this breakfast tacos recipe with prosciutto, fried egg, smashed avocados, and a plethora of delicious toppings is definitely a winner!
So I have a confession. Sriracha has not always been my “thing.” I don’t like food that is too spicy because I find that the heat just lingers on my taste buds for an abnormally long time and it is not that appealing to me. So for the most part, this food blogger has avoided most things spicy. However, this food blogger also has a desire to branch out and be more adventurous in the culinary world so that the blog will benefit! (Hopefully!) And so I gave it a shot, only to discover that sriracha is a lovely addition to most Mexican meals, especially when it comes in the form of a mayonnaise that cuts down on the inherent spiciness!
This Sriracha mayo is just one of many delicious toppings on today’s brunch recipe. I opted for a simple base of charred tortilla, smashed avocado, and fried egg, and then I loaded on the toppings! Seriously, you can barely see the egg! Also paired with this dish is a homemade crema, which is seriously my favorite thing ever. I’ve used it in so many recipes! Crispy prosciutto bits and salty cotija cheese finish off the dish.
Now it’s your turn! What is your favorite take on breakfast? Share with me by commenting below!
Be sure to join my email list so you don’t miss any delicious future recipes!
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sriracha
- 4-5 pieces prosciutto, pulsed in a food processor
- 4 small tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cotija cheese, grated
- To make crema, in a medium-sized bowl whisk heavy whipping cream, sour cream, and salt together until combined. Cover with saran wrap and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- To make Sriracha mayonnaise, in a medium-sized bowl whisk mayonnaise and Sriracha together until combined. Transfer sauce to a squeeze bottle, if desired.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and sauté prosciutto bits for about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently. Once crispy, remove prosciutto bits from skillet to a plate.
- If you have a gas stove, char tortillas over a medium-sized open flame for about 8-10 seconds per side. Watch closely as they will quickly burn! If you have an electric stove, char tortillas in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- To cook eggs, heat the same nonstick skillet over medium heat. Melt butter and add eggs. Season eggs with salt as desired. Use a small spoon to baste the eggs with the melted butter. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are the desired doneness.
- While eggs are cooking, use a fork to smash half an avocado on each charred tortilla. Also transfer cream to a squeeze bottle, if desired.
- To assemble tacos, top the smashed avocado with the fried egg, prosciutto bits, cotija cheese, crema, and sriracha mayo. Enjoy!
avocado breakfast breakfast tacos brunch cotija crema egg tacos fried egg tacos prosciutto sriracha mayo sriracha mayonnaise