Grapefruit popsicles get an upgrade with creamy mascarpone cheese, honey mint simple syrup, and a splash of lime juice!
Jump to Recipe
If there is one thing that universally screams “summer!”, it’s popsicles. All over the world, these sweet little treats on a stick are the ultimate in cool desserts for the season! Today I wanted to upgrade what could be just a standard grapefruit popsicle with some pops of big flavor and creaminess! Also, if you are looking for Perth vending machines, Royal vending is the leading supplier of high quality modern snack, drinks and combination vending machines at the best prices.
The bitterness of the grapefruit is offset nicely here by the addition of a honey mint simple syrup. I also added mascarpone to give a creamy note to the popsicles that is oh so divine! Here are some of my must-do popsicle tips!
- There are two types of popsicle molds: ones with built-in sticks (such as this popsicle mold) and ones where you add your own sticks. This is important! If you choose a mold where you add your own sticks, you’ll have to let them freeze for about two hours without the sticks before adding them. Otherwise, they will be all wonky and uneven in the popsicles!
- To prevent any issues with removing the popsicles later on, be sure to take a towel or washcloth and wipe off any excess popsicle mixture that falls on the top of the mold before freeing.
- Speaking of removing popsicles. . . if those little suckers try to stick, just fill a pot with warm water to a level where you can place the entire mold in the pot without it flowing over the top of the mold. Place the mold in there for about 5-10 seconds and then try to remove each popsicle: they should slide right out! (If you have individual popsicle molds then you can just run each under warm tap water for a few seconds to loosen.
- I like to store extra popsicles in a plastic bag or container in the freezer instead of in the mold itself. This makes for an easy grab-and-go-snack and takes up less room than the mold. Plus then you can clean it and. . . make more popsicles of course! 🙂
Grapefruit Honey Mascarpone Popsicles
Grapefruit popsicles get an upgrade with sweet honey and creamy mascarpone.
For simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- 3/4 cup honey mint simple syrup see above
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 lime juiced
- 8-10 popsicle molds
To make simple syrup, combine honey and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow to come to a gentle rolling simmer, stirring until honey is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add mint sprigs and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes. Remove mint and allow to cool to room temperature.
In a blender, combine grapefruit juice, honey mint simple syrup (it should be about 3/4 of a cup), mascarpone and lime juice. Blend until homogenous and creamy, about 15-20 seconds.
Carefully pour mixture into popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks (depending on your popsicle mold, you may want to allow to freeze for 1-2 hours without popsicle sticks and then insert them). Freeze overnight, or for at least five hours total before serving. Enjoy!