Freshness is the name of the game when it comes to these thyme and blood orange mimosas, finished off with everyone’s favorite: bubbly!
Hello from our honeymoon! I am currently sitting on our balcony, sipping a glass of champagne and watching the Mediterranean go by with my new hubby. #bestfeelingever! Two days into our trip with a 6 hour time difference and we are almost over our jet lag, which is a pretty nice feeling. We’ve been making the most of our unlimited drink package (oh yeah!), including lots of champagne!
And of course, champagne makes me think of mimosas. Like these deliciously delectable thyme and blood orange mimosas. Not only do they have a crazy refreshing taste between the slight bitterness of the blood orange, the freshness of the thyme in the simple syrup, and the floral notes of the gin, they are such a beautiful color: perfect for springtime cocktail hour!
Now it’s your turn: what is your dream honeymoon vacation? Share with me by commenting below, and be sure to include what your favorite honeymooning cocktails are!
P.S: On a related note, aren’t these just the cutest darn cocktail glasses you could ever want?
- 1/2 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. thyme simple syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 oz. blood orange juice (or sparkling blood orange juice)
- 1 thyme sprig, for garnish
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 bunch fresh thyme sprigs
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat and add the thyme sprigs. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs and strain into a glass container for storage. Store syrup in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
- Add gin, thyme simple syrup, and blood orange juice to champagne glass. Top with chilled Prosecco and garnish with thyme sprig. Enjoy!