So this weekend it snowed. Snowed. Oh my gosh, I just want it to be spring already for good! That’s why I’m making this spring asparagus and pea ravioli, a perfect light dish for this time of the year!
With 60 degree weather just last week, it was so depressing when Saturday rolled around and I woke up to those little white flakes, swirling around outside. I love snow when it’s the appropriate time of year, don’t get me wrong. But something about it being April with this blizzard-like weather makes me just want to curl up in bed with a good book and my puppy girls. And after that, I want to make these delicious ravioli!
There is something so therapeutic about making homemade ravioli. I love rolling out the dough and filling these little pastas with all sorts of delicious mixtures! And I think asparagus and peas are the perfect filling for a springtime ravioli. The filling is also finished off with creamy ricotta cheese.
I paired these raviolis with a light lemony beurre blanc sauce that ties the whole dish together. These are seriously to die for – I love how creamy the ricotta cheese is, and how well it contrasts with the crunchiness of the asparagus and the peas. Plus, what a beautiful color! Hopefully this dish is enough to make me dream away this terrible weather!
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite recipe to celebrate the spring? Share with me by commenting below!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs, plus 1 for egg wash
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup asparagus, diced
- 5 oz. frozen peas
- Splash of white wine
- 4 oz. mascarpone
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Parmesan cheese, grated (for garnish)
- Click here for instructions on making pasta dough. Allow dough to rest, covered in plastic wrap, while preparing the filling.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus and frozen peas and sauté until peas are warmed through, about 3-4 minutes. Add a splash of wine and cook until the liquid is just evaporated, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer filling to a mixing bowl and stir in mascarpone and parmesan cheese until cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and white wine vinegar. Allow to reduce over low-medium heat until the liquid is about ¼ cup amount, about 20-30 minutes.
- Once sauce has reduced, add 1-2 pieces of butter at a time, whisking until incorporated. Continue adding 1-2 pieces of butter at a time just as the last pieces of butter are finished melting. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in peas and cook for 1-2 minutes until peas are warmed, but still green.
- Cook ravioli in boiling water about 2-3 minutes, until they float. Drain ravioli and serve with sauce. Enjoy!
Check out more pasta recipes by joining the email list here: