This spinach pancetta salad features crispy pancetta, creamy goat cheese, walnuts, apples and a quick homemade honey champagne vinaigrette.
I’m declaring this the Summer of Salads. It’s official, people: get on board! I just love a good salad in the summer: all those fresh ingredients are the perfect light meal or side dish that we need during these hot summer months! And what salad is complete without a crunchy component and some creamy cheese? No salad. That’s what.
Today’s tasty treat features some of my favorite salad accompaniments of all time: goat cheese and pancetta. Say what? The pancetta is the perfect crispy and salty addition to this salad, and it pairs beautiful with the crunchy apple and creamy goat cheese. Mmm!
Related: Arugula Pesto Couscous Salad
Be sure to check out some of my other favorite summer salads:
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite summer salad? Share with me by commenting below!
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon good honey
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 large handfuls spinach, stems cut
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 apple, cubed
- Heat a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pancetta and cook until crispy, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove pancetta to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- While pancetta is cooling, make vinaigrette. Whisk together olive oil, champagne vinegar, honey, salt and pepper until emulsified and set aside.
- To a large salad bowl, add spinach, walnuts, goat cheese, and apple. Toss lightly to combine. Add about half the salad dressing to the bowl and toss to combine. Add more salad dressing if desired, or serve on the side.
- Note: This salad is full of fruits and pancetta: if you prefer more greens, you can cut back on the apple to 1/2 an apple diced and increase the amount of spinach. Just adjust to your preference!