Charred veggies + fresh pesto + salty pancetta? In pasta salad form? Yes please! My recipe for roasted corn pasta salad with pesto sauce and crispy pancetta will be your new go-to summer side dish!
I’m pretty sure there isn’t a pesto dish I wouldn’t eat. Like for real, guys: have you met a dish of this deliciously fresh sauce that you didn’t want to swim in? I haven’t.
This one pairs fresh spinach pesto with oven-roasted summer veggies: corn and celery. I absolutely adore roasted corn, and paired with the saltiness of the pancetta and the crispy celery, it makes for a beautifully refreshing summer pasta salad.
Related: Creamy Tarragon and Roasted Garlic Pasta Salad
This recipe is a great one to take along to your next family barbecue or summer get-together! Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite summer salad side dish? Share with me by commenting below!
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. ditalini, cooked and cooled
- ½ lb. pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook ditalini to al dente according to instructions on the packaging. Drain pasta and rinse with cool water to help halt the cooking process. Allow to cool.
- Preheat broiler to high. Spread out corn kernels and celery slices on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Broil for 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are crispy. Stir vegetables occasionally.
- Sauté pancetta in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat until crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- To make pesto, add garlic, spinach, and pine nuts to a food processor and pulse until roughly combined. With food processor running, stream in olive oil. Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and fold in parmesan cheese and salt. To the same mixing bowl, add cooked pasta, corn, celery, and pancetta. Stir until combined. Serve room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!