You guys it’s becoming that time of the year. That time of the year for s’mores! I love it. And I love this recipe even more, because it combines my love of s’mores with my love of strawberry shortcake! Read on to check out my recipe for these quick strawberry shortcake s’mores. (And prepare to have your mind blown.)
So this one time I bought an entire case of strawberries from Costco and finished it by myself. And by “this one time,” I mean that was literally last summer. The whole case. In other words, four times the amount of the regular strawberry containers at the local grocery store. Eeek!
It was only slightly embarrassing at the time, and maybe a little more so now that I’ve shared it with all of you guys, but I was on a huge strawberry shortcake kick. Like, that was my snack. Every day after work. For… two weeks?
10-minute strawberry shortcake s'mores! Click here --> http://wp.me/p61F7n-MF Click To Tweet
But I mean, you just can’t beat strawberry shortcake! Fresh tart strawberries atop a fluffy slice of angel food cake and a huge dollop of homemade whipped cream on top. Because homemade is the way to go, amiright? The only way to top that is with this recipe, which combines my favorite strawberry shortcake with s’mores. Yes!
Now, I could eat this every day for a snack. But I’d probably have diabetes in about… a week. The ooey gooey stickiness of the marshmallows and rich chocolate are the perfect accompaniment to the traditional strawberry shortcake, and it comes together in just 10 minutes, making it a perfect weeknight dessert if you’re craving something sweet but just don’t have the time to bake. Like me, every night!
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite strawberry themed dessert? Share your favorite recipe with me by commenting below!
- 4 ½"-¾" slices of shortcake bread
- 6 marshmallows
- 1 Hershey's chocolate bar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat a panini grill to medium-high heat.
- Assemble s'mores sandwiches by placing 3 marshmallows each on 2 pieces of the shortcake bread. Top each sandwich with ½ Hershey's chocolate bar followed by a second slice of shortcake bread. When panini grill is preheated, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows are gooey and chocolate has melted.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream. In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer and a mixing bowl), combine heavy whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, plate one sandwich and top with whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
And check out these other strawberry recipes: