Is there anything so amazing as the perfect little hors d’oeuvre that is the crostini? I am a bruschetta and crostini fiend, and so these prosciutto crostini with burrata and lemon honey drizzle really hit the spot!
Has this weather been terrible or what? All I want to do is curl up on the sofa with my puppies and watch The Office. Because I’m watching the entire show, all nine seasons. Again. I never watched The Office when it was actually live on TV, and I don’t know why because it literally is one of the funniest and most entertaining shows ever! Dwight is probably my favorite character. Plus he loves beets, so that’s a win in my book!
I love beets so much that last spring I wrote about my recipe for roasted beet crostini. And really, I just love crostini in general, especially easy-to-assemble crostini! There are so many different flavor combinations that work well on a little piece of crusty bread that it makes it such a fun and exciting appetizer to put together!
These crostini are so simple to assemble: they come together in just 15 minutes! Put the baguette slices under the broiler first and then prepare the rest of your ingredients: a quick lemon honey drizzle sauce, creamy burrata cheese, and crispy prosciutto pieces. Yum!
These crostini are perfect if you are having last minute company because they easily come together in just 15 minutes. What is your favorite simple appetizer for when you have company over? Share with me by commenting below!
- 1 baguette, sliced on a diagonal into at least 12 crostini
- Olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn into large pieces
- 8 oz. burrata, sliced
- Microgreens, for garnish
- Heat broiler to high. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toast in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- While bread is toasting, whisk together lemon juice and honey in a small dish until combined. Season with a dash of salt and pepper, whisking to combine.
- After bread has toasted, remove from baking sheet. Add prosciutto to the baking sheet and toast under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until crispy.
- To assemble, place one slice of burrata on each crostini. Top with 1-2 pieces of crispy prosciutto and micrograms. Drizzle with honey lemon sauce and serve. Enjoy!