Recent Beauty Favorites
June 5, 2020
I’ve tried a bunch of new skincare products recently and I wanted to share with you guys my absolute favorite of these items for the spring! I’ve sharing my full morning and evening skincare routine on the blog today and on YouTube, so let’s get started!
It’s spring, friends, although you wouldn’t know it from looking outside here in Michigan! We’ve had snow three times over the last few days and I can’t even anymore. It was even enough to trick my brain: I found myself looking up Christmas garland ideas for next year. Yikes! Let’s get back into the hang of spring things with todays post! I’m sharing my newest spring skincare routine with you today, and you won’t want to miss these amazing new products! Be sure to watch the video below, and follow me over on my YouTube channel so you don’t miss any of my videos!
1. Elemis Superfood Cica Calm Cleansing Foam.I start the morning off with a fresh face wash using my new favorite cleanser by Elemis. This cleansing foam is just what I need in the morning: refreshing and gentle, perfect for sensitive skin. I discovered this cleanser from Josie over at the Fashion Mumblr (one of my favorite YouTubers!), and I love this cleanser because it contains so many amazing things for your skin! First off, it contains cica (or its scientific name, centella asiatica), which is a flowering plant that grows in swamps in Southeast Asian and the Southeastern US. I love how fresh and clean it makes my face feel, and really helps to calm any redness in the skin. (This plant has even been used for healing wounds in the past!) The cleansing foam also features agave, rice water, and green tea seed oil.
2. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic Toner. Next up, I like to use my favorite toner to help even out my skin. I use this Bobbi Brown hydrating facial tonic as it is great for sensitive skin, leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, and is the perfect prep for makeup!
3. Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. Next up is a moisturizing day cream by Elemis: their pro-collagen marine cream. I picked up this cream because I’d been wanting to try a pro-collagen cream, and this one is perfection! It contains padina pavonica, a Mediterranean algae which helps to improve glycosaminoglycan levels in the skin. This helps to keep your skin firm and also increase elasticity, and can help with wrinkles (which I can attest to – definitely show up earlier than you’d think in life!). The cream is also incredibly hydrating, which is perfect before I put on my makeup in the morning!
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea. Lastly, I love a quick spritz of this before I get ready to throw on some makeup. It’s like a quick aromatherapy treatment in a bottle!
1. Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover with Organic Cotton Round Makeup Remover Pads. The first step is of course makeup removal, and right now I’m loving the Paula’s Choice makeup remover from Nordstrom. It’s nice and gentle and perfect for sensitive skin, and does a good job removing both foundation as well as eye makeup like mascara and liner.
2. Frank Body Creamy Face Scrub. Do you like coffee? Is that a question? If you do, then this is the facial scrub for you! It smells absolutely heavenly while gently but effectively scrubbing away the leftover makeup bits and oils from the day. This is my favorite facial cleanser this season!
3. Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Tonic Toner. I also like to use the same toner with cotton reusable pad at night as well – scroll back up to read about why I love this product!
4. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Face Oil with Herbivore Botanicals Jade Facial Roller. Next up is all the nitty gritty good stuff! I love that this facial oil is called an “elixir,” because that is exactly what it feels like: a magical compound that rejuvenates my skin overnight! I will use my fingers to dab a bit of this over my face (excluding some of the parts that are usually more oily, which is mainly my T-zone). Then I will use my jade roller to rub it in, which pulls double duty in that it helps calm down any redness in my skin and helps aid in lymphatic drainage.
5. Kiehls’ Eye Fuel Cream. Okay yes. This product is technically in the men’s department. But it works so well, who cares? No judgment here, peeps. I like to dab a bit of this eye cream under each eye before moisturizing, to help with puffiness and calming this more sensitive part of my face down.
6. Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Night Cream. I am ob-sessed with this new face cream I tried recently. It’s a whipped consistency and so it’s very lightweight but great for moisturizing my skin. It also contains antioxidants to help fight aging, and I love that it works its magic while I sleep!
7. Revitalash Advanced Eyelash Conditioner. And the last step before getting that beauty rest is my Revitalash eyelash conditioner! After I had Sophie I told my husband I was going to get my eyebrows microbladed and also get eyelash extensions. Well I have an appointment set up for microblading, but I wanted to see if one of the lash serums I’d heard about would be beneficial or not. And after finishing the “6-week” 1-ml trial run of the product, I can confidently say it totally works! My eyelashes are longer and fuller than ever before, and they curl sooo nicely now! I’ve literally decided to postpone eyelash extensions at this point because of how well this product works.
8. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea. Last, but not least, I like to finish off the routine with again a spritz of this facial spray. I even spray it on my face mask sometimes before I go to bed for a night-time aromatherapy sesh!
Now it’s your turn! Share with me below: what is your one must-have can’t-live-without-it product for your own skincare routine?
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
June 5, 2020
June 10, 2020
July 1, 2020
May 18, 2020
July 8, 2020
May 25, 2020
Hello and welcome to The Charming Detroiter! I'm Sarah, a suburban wife, expectant mother, and physician from Metro Detroit who loves cooking, fashion, travel and home decor! Most of all, I love organizing it all, and I'm glad you're here so that I can help you too! To learn more, click here!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.