It has been such an eventful week! We have made so much progress on the basement renovation, we have had two awesome events, and the best part is that the weather is finally getting nice again! Monday Musings is a weekly blog post that I started where I recognize the amazing things going on right now and what my favorites across the blogosphere and internet are at the moment. Because, while I think it’s great to dream and plan and organize for the future, it is important to appreciate the beautiful things that we already have right now in our lives. Here are my Monday Musings for this week!
1. Rob and I celebrated our engagement with a small party thrown by my parents. It was a beautiful, intimate affair with just family and the bridal party, and the best part was it was Mexican themed! This Mexican food was the bomb dot com. Best part? Lots of leftovers!
2. Our basement renovation is coming along nicely. We have finished painting the ceiling and the walls and are going to be sanding the pantry shelves and painting them next. Then we’ll have to thoroughly clean the floors so we can paint them too. Almost done!
3. This adorable chambray dress from Banana Republic that I have been coveting for several weeks now. Wouldn’t it be perfect for a nice dinner out when we are in Disney World in a few weeks?
4. The day is finally here that I have been waiting for for about nine years: I graduate from medical school today! Finally!
5. This gorgeous pastel mint green nail polish color that I chose for my manicure for the engagement party. (And the awesome custom champagne glasses that my sister and her fiancé gave us as an engagement gift! So cute!)
6. These sharpening stones for our knives. Our knives have been dull for quite some time now, and we haven’t had much success with the knife sharpening machines we have purchased thus far. After seeing a segment about using whetstones for knife sharpening on The Kitchen on the Food Network, I”m really excited to give these a try!
Until next time, friends!