[…] Source by thecharmingdetroiter.com […]
My sister is getting married today! And in honor of that, I’m sharing with you all one of our family favorites: my mom’s chicken “chicky” pasta recipe!
My sister’s big day is today, and my big day was earlier this year! And in honor of all that our parents have done for us, I wanted to share one of our family favorite recipes today: my mom’s chicken “chicky” pasta. I think we probably call it “chicky” pasta because that’s how we said chicken when we we growing up! I couldn’t tell you the first time we ate this, but we ate it often – it was a favorite of ours! Crispy breaded chicken pieces with fresh cooked linguine and a simple white wine butter sauce… what’s not to love?
Related: Lemon Oregano Chicken Pasta with Sautéed Onions and Bell Peppers
I changed up the recipe a little bit by using panko bread crumbs instead of traditional Italian bread crumbs. I think they give a more sophisticated and lighter breading to the chicken, but you should definitely use whichever type of bread crumb is your favorite! If you do decide to go with regular bread crumbs, you should omit the Italian seasoning that is normally combined with the panko bread crumbs.
Now it’s your turn: share with me your favorite family recipe below! I would love to give those long-loved recipes a try – maybe they’ll become a family favorite of ours too!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. + ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 lb. linguine
- Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Add flour to a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. To a second shallow bowl, add lightly beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. To a third shallow bowl, add Panko bread crumbs and Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken cubes in flour, shaking off excess. Coat with egg wash and then bread crumbs. Place on a dish and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid prior to straining pasta.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken cubes in batches for about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove each batch of chicken to a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess oil. Add extra olive oil to the pan as necessary if it looks too dry.
- Once chicken is finished, turn heat to medium and melt ½ cup butter in the pan. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add white wine and lemon juice. Allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes until slightly reduced. Turn heat to low and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken back to pan and allow to simmer on low for 1-2 minutes. Right before serving, add parsley and stir a few times to combine. Serve over linguine with plenty of fresh grated parmesan cheese, and extra parsley for garnish if desired!
chicken chicken pasta chickey pasta pasta