Leap into March with these strikingly beautiful and tasty lychee cocktails! Paired with vodka, melon liqueur, lemon juice, and simple syrup, they are a sweet but tart way to usher in the spring!
Happy Leap Day! That extra day of the year that comes around every 1,460 days to even out our calendar. Hey, one more extra day for cooking delicious food and drinking exquisite cocktails, am I right?
And this cocktail definitely fits the bill! I wanted to make something with lychees, and I wanted to make something colorful. Boom: lychees + melon liqueur = this cocktail! I love the taste of lychees because they are so unique compared to a lot of the fruits available in the Western world of produce. Lychees are a native fruit of China. You can find them fresh here in the US, but it is easiest to find them canned with a delicious lychee-infused syrup. In this lychee cocktail, I used this syrup to develop that floral lychee flavor.
I also wanted the color of the cocktail to be eye-catching! The subtle melon flavor of Midori pairs beautifully with the fragrant and fruity lychee syrup, and it gives the drink a stunningly lime green color. The drink is finished off with lemon juice for tartness, simple syrup to give a bit of sweetness, and crisp vodka.
Now it’s your turn: How will you be celebrating Leap Day? Share with me by commenting below! And don’t forget to join the email list to have delicious recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1.5 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. lychee juice (from the can)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- 1 lychee, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a martini glass with ice water and set aside.
- To a shaker filled with ice, add vodka, Midori, lychee juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake for 20-25 seconds until ingredients are fully combined. Empty ice water from martini glass. Strain contents of shaker into chilled martini glass and garnish with lychee, if desired. Enjoy!