Today I’m sharing my recipe for a refreshing kale and radish slaw – a healthy side dish ready in just 15 minutes!
Don’t y’all just love this season? There are so many things I love about the fall! Yesterday the hubs and I headed to the Davisburg Antique Festival, one of my favorite antique-ing events of the year. It was cool and drizzling throughout the morning but the skies started to clear up as we wandered through the different stalls looking for treasures. I am pretty excited about some of our finds, including a vintage wooden ladder that I plan to use to display blankets on in our guest room!
And after a day of exhausting scavenging like that, you definitely need a tasty and quick meal! This radish and kale slaw is the perfect quick side dish to accompany any fall or winter dinner. I used grated radish and finely shaved kale as the base of the salad, and paired it with slivered almonds and dried cranberries. Sometimes radishes can be a little overpoweringly peppery, and I find that grating them is a great way to enjoy that lovely peppery flavor while avoiding it’s intensity. I finished off this slaw with a quick lemony vinaigrette and voila: you’re ready to serve! This would pair nicely with chicken or seafood!
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite autumn salad to serve at dinner? Share with me by commenting below!
- 4-5 large radishes, scrubbed clean and grated with a large cheese grater
- 3 cups kale, finely shredded and packed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine radishes, kale, sliced almonds, and pomegranate seeds. Stir until combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and kosher salt. Stream in the olive oil while whisking until emulsified.
- Lightly dress salad with the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve with extra dressing on the side. Enjoy!