Grilled fruit is anyone’s dream in the summertime, amiright? This recipe for grilled melon paired with creamy vanilla ice cream and a tart lemon honey sauce is the best of both worlds: deliciously refreshing for these hot months, and super simple to throw together!
Day 5 of our honeymoon and boy have we hit the fruit section of the breakfast and lunch buffets hard. Like kiwis on kiwis on kiwis. We accidentally ordered enough fruit for a family of four with our room service breakfast this morning. I wish I could take some of this deliciously fresh melon back with me to make this tasty grilled melon dessert!
Grilling fruit is amazing because it pairs the natural sweet flavors of the fruit with the smokey char of the grill. It’s really an unexpected match made in heaven, and when you throw on some tasty accompaniments like ice cream and lemon honey drizzle, it’s quite divine!
Related: Quick Strawberry Shortcake S’Mores
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite fruit to throw on the grill? Share with me by commenting below, and be sure to include what kinds of things you like to pair with that grilled fruit!
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp. honey
- Olive oil
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into 1" rounds, with seeds scooped out
- 4 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat grill to high.
- To make sauce, whisk together lemon juice and honey in a small bowl until combined.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of melon slices. When grill is hot, grill melon slices for 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely charred. Once grilled, slice cantaloupe to desired size (such as half moon slices, or chunks) and serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle of honey lemon sauce. Enjoy!