I love a good appetizer, and even better: a good and fast one! My recipe for goat cheese dip with champagne shallot vinaigrette is delicious, fancy, and ready in just 20 minutes!
As I write this post, I feel that I’m still digesting the amazing plate of chicken and waffles I had from Kuzzo’s Chicken & Waffles for lunch yesterday. After a crazy long post-church wait for a table (y’all know how Sunday’s are!), I was able to introduce my fiancé to the incredible-ness that is a huge plate of crispy fried chicken with fresh homemade waffles doused in syrup. Whichever Einstein invented this concept might deserve a Nobel Prize. The Nobel Prize of Genius Food Choices. This is a thing, people. (Or, it should be at least.)
But back to the food at hand! Quite literally speaking… I love a good dip! It’s the easiest way to throw together an appetizer that is simple and yet has the potential to be so elegant. This goat cheese dip epitomizes that concept: it pairs the creamy tanginess of goat cheese with a savory shallot and garlic vinaigrette, and is finished with lots of fresh parsley.
Now it’s your turn: What is your favorite simple dip for when friends and family are visiting? Share it with me by commenting below!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 4 pieces of crusty bread, toasted and cut into quarters
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Sauté shallots until soft and golden, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add champagne vinegar and lemon juice. Allow to reduce for about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium-sized ramekin, crumble goat cheese. Pour shallot mixture over the top of the goat cheese. Top with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
Don’t miss a single appetizer! Follow me by joining the email list: