Today I have a tasty pizza recipe for you: roasted beet pizza featuring creamy goat cheese and shallots, with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette!
I love a good beet recipe, and this one combines one of my favorite beet flavor combination! I love making pizza and I think it’s so easy to spruce up a simple pizza recipe into something glamorous and elegant, and this beet pizza is no exception!
Related: Roasted Beet and Orange Salad
After roasting the beets, I thinly sliced them and paired them with creamy goat cheese, fresh sliced shallots, and crisp arugula on top of the pizza dough. After baking the pizza, I drizzled a simple honey balsamic vinaigrette over the top to complete the dish. The tangy balsamic mixed with the sweet honey makes for a perfect complement to the earthy beets and fresh arugula and shallots. Even better: this pizza is super simple! You could even roast the beets in advance if you won’t have time during a busy weeknight to do that step, and then refrigerate them and slice them as needed for the pizza. So quick and delicious! This pizza would pair really nicely with a crisp sauvignon blanc or chardonnay.
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite simple pizza recipe? Share with me by commenting below!
- 2 large beets
- 1 package store-bought pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 2 medium-sized shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 handful arugula
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled
- Kosher salt
- White pepper
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap beets in tin foil and place on a baking sheet. (If the beets are smaller, wrap several together. If the beets are larger, it is better to wrap them individually.) Roast in the oven for 90 minutes, until beets are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork or toothpick. When finished, remove from the tin foil and allow to cool slightly. Remove skins and thinly slice beets.
- Turn oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and put pizza stone in oven to heat.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine balsamic vinegar and honey. Reduce until thick and syrupy, about 18-20 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough to about a ¼" thickness. Transfer to a pizza peel that is lightly dusted with cornmeal. Brush with olive oil. Top pizza dough with a layer of sliced beets and a layer of sliced shallots. Next spread a thin layer of arugula on top, followed by crumbled goat cheese. Season lightly with salt and white pepper. Spread a thin layer of cornmeal on the heated pizza stone and transfer pizza to pizza stone. Cook for 8 minutes.
- When pizza is finished cooking, remove from oven. Drizzle with sauce, slice, and serve. Enjoy!