Today at The Charming Detroiter I’m bringing back the cocktail hour! We are firmly planted in the spring season, and amid the blooming flora and dewy yard, there is always time for a cocktail hour in the evening! Read on for all my favorite bar accessories and cocktail recipes to help you celebrate the spring, including these refreshing Rosemary Honey Vodka Spritzers!
Must-Have Accessories to Buy
Vintage Hotel Bar Collection – Restoration Hardware
What a throwback! If you’re looking for a stunning Gatsby-esque bar set, these Restoration Hardware pieces are your winner. Here are some of the fantastic pieces that you can grab in this beautiful aged brass set:
- Vintage Hotel 5-Piece Bar Tool Set ($99)
- Vintage Hotel Channel Cocktail Shaker ($72)
- Vintage Hotel Cocktail Picks & Holder ($52)
Copper Hammered Barware – Williams-Sonoma
Check out this beautiful hammered copper from Williams-Sonoma! This line of tools features copper paired with silver, with a hammered texture. Here are some of the beautiful items that are available:
- Copper Hammered Bar Tool Set ($79.95)
- Copper Hammered Cocktail Shaker ($69.95)
- Copper Hammered Double-Sided Jigger ($19.95)
Madison Collection – Sur La Table
Last but not least, the stunning and sleek Madison Collection from Sur La Table is sure to complement any cocktail lovers table:
- Madison Collection 5-Piece Bar Tool Set ($52.46)
- Madison Collection Cocktail Shaker ($34.96)
- Madison Collection Ice Bucket ($34.96)
Ingredients to Stock the Pantry
I’ve written all about how much I love unique homemade simple syrups, so I won’t dwell on it here. Bottom line: make your own!
These tart, tangy mixers, also known as shrubs, add a beautiful depth of flavor to any cocktail. They add a sharp note to your cocktails, and come in a variety of flavors. You can even make your own!
Every good drink needs the perfect finish, and bitters are it! There are so many options to choose from, so get creative!
Spring Cocktail Recipes to Try
- Clementine Cocktail: Grab a box of Cuties from the store and start squeezing! This Clementine Cocktail is one of my favorites because it is so refreshing and citrus-y.
- Fig Thyme Cocktail: This one is a little more complex, but very satisfying. The fig gives the drink a great color and also aa unique fruity taste.
- Honey Rhubarb Pisco Sour: Another one of my favorites, this is a really unique way to make simple syrup, and I love a good pisco sour!
- Rosemary Honey Vodka Spritzers: Last but not least, check out my recipe for these refreshing vodka spritzers below! This recipe uses honey instead of simple syrup, so no need to make anything extra – just shake and serve!
Now it’s your turn: What is your favorite refreshing cocktail for the spring? Share with me by posting the recipe in the comment section below so I can give your favorites a try too!
- 1 oz. vodka
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ oz. honey
- 1 sprig rosemary, plus extra for garnish
- Club soda
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- To a shaker filled with ice, add vodka, lemon juice, honey, and rosemary sprig. Shake for 20-25 seconds until combined. Strain into a highball glass filled with ice and top with club soda. Garnish with a lemon slice and rosemary sprig, if desired.
Don’t miss a single delicious cocktail!
Sign up for the email list here:
More delicious cocktails here: