We have a serious chicken wing obsession in this house. Like “eat them once a week” obsession. So since I’ve been trying to branch out from our usual oven-baked chicken wings, I’ve been testing out other barbecue recipes and ideas. One of my recent wing creations was these Spicy Parmesan Barbecue Chicken Wings, the perfect blend of yummy barbecue sauce and spices!
What is it about chicken wings that makes them so delicious? I think it’s partially the cut of meat, but mostly how cute and fun they are to eat! These wings start out similarly to my standard barbecue chicken wings recipe, but they are made especially spicy by the addition of a dry rub at the end of the cooking process.
The dry rub is nice because it features a blend of delicious spices such as paprika and chili powder, in addition to salty Parmesan cheese and sweet brown sugar. It is the perfect blend of sweet, spicy, and salty to complement barbecue chicken wings. I also love that finishing them off with the dry rub makes them a little less messy to eat!
Spicy Parmesan BBQ Chicken Wings make for an easy weeknight meal! http://wp.me/p61F7n-Mo Click To Tweet
Now it’s your turn! What is your favorite way to eat chicken wings? Let me know by posting your favorite recipe below so I can give it a try too!
- 14-16 chicken wings, separated at the joint with tips removed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ½ tbsp. red chili powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dry ground mustard
- Ranch dressing (optional)
- Blue cheese dressing (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with tin foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken wings with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Transfer chicken wings to the prepared baking tray, arranging them in one layer. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove baking tray from oven and brush barbecue sauce on the wings. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, combine parmesan cheese, brown sugar, paprika, red chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and ground mustard in a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Remove wings from oven and flip. Coat with remaining barbecue sauce and return to oven to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- When wings are finished cooking, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add dry rub and toss to coat. Serve hot, with ranch or blue cheese dressing if desired. Enjoy!
Don’t miss another easy weeknight meal!
Sign up for the mailing list below to have more meals like this delivered right to your inbox (never spammed: my promise!)!