Looking for a quick an elegant hors d’oeuvres for your next dinner party? Check out my refreshing recipe for shrimp toasts with cucumbers and radishes!
You guys. You guys! It’s finally done: our kitchen backsplash remodel is finished! Thanks to my tile-master dad and hardworking fiancé, we finally finished putting up a tile backsplash in our kitchen. Check it out:
I’m totally in love with it! It’s a Carrara marble subway tile with dark gray grout. Let me tell you, white tile with dark grout definitely looks super elegant and lovely, but it’s so stress-provoking! Throughout the grouting process I was convinced we had ruined all our nice expensive tile by using a dark grout that had soaked into the tiles. However, luckily it all turned out well in the end: it turns out the dark marks I was so concerned about were just moisture. Because marble is such a porous material, it apparently needed several days to dry out completely. I am completely in love with the finished product! If you have been looking for a sign to get your kitchen renovated, then I think this may be the sign for you! Speaking with a local contractor or checking out businesses like Easy Reno will help you find what you need and get you looking forward to your new and improved kitchen! I think I’m going to be walking in and out for weeks just to admire it.
So naturally, now, I want to cook even more, and entertain even more! Which brings me to todays recipe: these adorable little shrimp toasts! I love crostini because they are a wonderful blend of elegant finger food with a little rustic style. These crostini feature a quick shrimp salad, with fresh sliced radishes and cucumbers, as well as a little cream cheese for some tang.These shrimp toasts are a super simple appetizer and ready in under 30 minutes! http://wp.me/p61F7n-1fZ Click To Tweet
Running late or have last-minute guests? The best part is that shrimp defrost quickly, and these shrimp toasts are ready in just 30 minutes!
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite hors d’oeuvres recipe to serve dinner party guests? Share with me by commenting below!
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. + 1 pinch kosher salt, divided
- 16 baguette slices
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tbsp. chives, minced
- ⅛ tsp. ground mustard
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Cream cheese
- 10-12 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler to high. Pat shrimp dry and season with olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread shrimp out on a baking sheet and broil for about 2 minutes per side, until the shrimp are pink and shaped like the letter "C". Roughly chop shrimp and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, ground mustard, 1 pinch salt, and pepper until combined. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Chill mixture in fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- While shrimp mixture is cooling, toast crostini slices in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- To assemble toasts, spread each toast with a thin layer of cream cheese. Top with alternating radish and cucumber slices. Add a spoonful of shrimp salad to the top of each toast and serve. Enjoy!
bruschetta bruschetta recipes cream cheese crostini crostini recipes cucumbers radishes shrimp shrimp appetizer shrimp bruschetta shrimp crostini shrimp recipes shrimp salad shrimp salad recipe shrimp toast shrimps