Ever since I discovered the beauty that is premade store-bought pizza dough, I’ve been going nuts concocting all sorts of different pizzas at home! Sometimes there just isn’t enough time in the day for a fulltime job and to make fresh homemade pizza dough, and so store-bought is a great alternative. Like for today’s recipe: shredded chicken and garlic butter pizza!
I love love love garlic. It’s seriously my jam. And so when I came up with this idea to lather on a homemade garlic butter all over this pizza, along with roasted garlic cloves, I was so excited to try it! And I mean, this is an “entire head of garlic” type of recipe. The best kind. 🙂
It starts with a sauce pan full of melted butter, to which you add a whole lot of minced garlic and allow to sizzle and brown up for a little bit. Meanwhile, whole cloves of garlic are roasted in olive oil in the oven. Pair with some shredded chicken breast, mozzarella cheese, and fresh spinach and you’ve got a meal that is family-friendly and perfectly garlic-y!
Now it’s your turn: what are your favorite pizza toppings? Let me know by commenting below – I would really love to hear what your favorite combos are!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 20 garlic cloves (10 whole and peeled, 10 minced)
- Olive oil
- 1 package store-bought pizza dough, at room temperature
- 6-8 oz. mozzarella, shredded
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 handful spinach
- Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter over medium heat and sauté garlic until golden, about 10 minutes. Transfer butter and garlic mixture to a bowl and allow to cool until it is solidified again but still soft enough to spread.
- Meanwhile, prepare other toppings. Put whole peeled garlic cloves in a small oven safe baking dish and cover with olive oil. Cover dish with a small piece of tin foil and roast garlic in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove garlic cloves from oven. Increase temperature to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out pizza dough to about ¼ to ½ inch thickness. Spread garlic butter over the dough in a thin layer. Top with mozzarella, shredded chicken, roasted garlic cloves, and spinach. Transfer to preheated pizza stone and cook for 10 minutes. Slice and serve. Enjoy!