Today is our two-year wedding anniversary! Time flies when you’re having fun… vacationing and buying houses and being puppy parents. 🙂
Today is our two year wedding anniversary! It seems like the last two years have flown by, and yet so many things have happened. And it’s funny because a similar feeling holds true for our wedding day: I remember that day like it was yesterday, and yet, it also felt like it flew by in a flash, a whirlwind of emotion and excitement wrapped up in all of our closest friends and family.
I wanted to celebrate today on the blog by highlighting some of my favorite moments from our wedding day, so come along with me and check out some of our beautiful photos by Kristen Taylor & Co.!
- Waking up next to my sister after a restless night of excitement (and anxiety: let’s be honest, it’s tough walking down that aisle!), and opening my eyes to see my beautiful wedding dress, ready for it’s day!
- Seeing my two puppy girls on our big day. We were not able to have them in the wedding ceremony or reception because of church and venue policies, however, we made it a point to hire a reputable dog sitter from our friends company, Royal Oak Dog Walkers, who was able to bring them to the hotel for photos. They are a part of our family, and it was a helpful distraction while we were both getting ready at the hotel!
Related: Today Is National Dog Day!
- Seeing my hubby’s face while I walked down the aisle – it makes the whole walk easier!
- Getting to see our reception site setup before anyone else. During our cocktail hour, our wedding coordinator brought us upstairs so we could take a look at all our hard work completed, prior to anyone else coming in to sit down. It was a precious moment, and we even got to take a stab at our dance on the dance floor without any audience except the band members!
- Taking photos with family and friends. By the end of the day it felt like there was a permanent smile plastered on my face (sort of in that uncomfortable way, you know?), but I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world: it would not have been the same without all our family and closest friends there for our big day!
- Taking my shoes off at the end of the night. #amiright?!
Happy Anniversary to my loving husband, who always helps with my crazy ideas and projects, is the best puppy dad ever, and is probably more patient with me than I deserve! I love you!