The Best Black Friday 2020 Deals!...
November 26, 2020
It’s so weird not having to work right now. I currently am in between medical school, which finished at the end of April for me, and residency, which starts July 1st. Which means for the first time in quite a while, I have all of this free time. And it is pretty nice, I must admit, but it’s starting to feel a little odd not having something that I absolutely have to do every day. I am trying to savor it as much as I can because I know it will end shortly and I won’t have free time like this again for many, many years!
Suffice it to say, I am definitely being very productive during this mini-vacation! I have been cooking and baking up a storm, gardening and working on blog posts, and getting all kinds of things done around the house. Here are some of my favorites from the past week from what we’ve been cooking and doing!
1. A couple of cities close to us had some very extensive block sales going on this weekend, so we spent Friday and part of Saturday searching for new treasures for my Etsy shop and some DIY projects I have in mind. Here are some of our finds from the weekend:
2. This asparagus ravioli recipe. So fresh and delicious for the spring, and I’m so glad I started saving my parmesan rinds! I wrap them in plastic wrap and stick them in the freezer for stocks and soups like this one!
4. A delicious new popsicle recipe I am working on for the summer! The recipe will be posted soon but let me just say: fresh fruit is rocking my socks right now!
5. These chorizo and scrambled egg breakfast tacos (that we totally had for dinner). The best part? They actually reheated really well! I love me some breakfast!
6. Mothers Day was fantastic! We got to spend time eating dim sum with my future mother-in-law in the morning, and headed over to see my own mom for a dinner of delicious sliders and panzanella salad! I love you, mom!
7. Watching Saving Mr. Banks for the umpteenth time on Friday. Definitely one of my recent favs! I still tear up every time I see Mickey Mouse offer his arm to Mrs. Travers on the red carpet the movie premiere. If you haven’t seen it yet, go see it now!
What was your favorite moment/recipe/vintage find of the weekend? Share with me below in the comments!
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
November 26, 2020
November 23, 2020
November 25, 2020
November 30, 2020
December 2, 2020
December 4, 2020
Hello and welcome to The Charming Detroiter! I'm Sarah, a suburban wife, expectant mother, and physician from Metro Detroit who loves cooking, fashion, travel and home decor! Most of all, I love organizing it all, and I'm glad you're here so that I can help you too! To learn more, click here!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
There may be an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Your server might also be unable to connect to Instagram at this time.
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Error: admin-ajax.php test was not successful. Some features may not be available.
Please visit this page to troubleshoot.