Happy new year, from our family to yours!
Happy new year, from our family to yours! This year we have been so blessed, and are looking forward to 2019 with such excitement! Here is a look back at our favorite moments of 2018 and what we are most grateful for:
- Our new home! 2018 saw us move to a new house, and we could not be more excited for all the plans we have for it! We have started work on it as you can see here, but have a lot of exciting plans for the future so stay tuned!
- Our trip to Anna Maria Island! In April we travelled to Florida with my side of the family for a long weekend in one of my favorite, most relaxing places: Anna Maria Island! It was five days filled with sun, family and friends, and more grilled shrimps than you can imagine. (No, really!)
- My best birthday present so far: The hubs spoiled me with my new Nikon D750, and I’ve loved learning even more about photography this year!
- Visiting Mackinac Island with the hubs’ family! In August we spent a weekend back in time, visiting Mackinac Island! No cars and lots of beautiful scenery. Check out the recap here (and some of my favorite outfits from that trip here and here!)
- Transitioning from a food-only blog to a lifestyle focus on The Charming Detroiter. This year has been a big leap for me here at The Charming Detroiter as I have changed from a solely food-focused endeavor to a lifestyle blog, encompassing my journey through this thang we call life. That means from food and recipes to fashion and style, travel, organization tips and home decor and renovation posts: I’m covering it all from a 30-something year olds perspective. I love that y’all have come along and embraced this journey with me!
With such a great 2018 under my belt, I can’t wait to see what 2019 holds!
Now it’s your turn: what was your favorite 2018 memory and what are you most looking forward to in the new year?