Happy 2017! We are all probably on the healthy bandwagon at this point still, but these chocolate crescent rolls with candied pecans will give you a quick and easy chocolate fix when you need it!
It’s a new year! It felt really fast this year. Like really really fast. Maybe it was the whole “flying to Hawaii and back in six days and feeling like I haven’t slept all week” thing for me, but did you guys feel like this 2017 year snuck up on us real quick? I mean, I’m not complaining: it is going to be a good one, I just know it!
So yes, we are on the healthy train. The whole wheat, multigrain, high fiber, low calorie, healthy train. The hubby? Not so happy about it, but when we wrote out our 2017 goals for this year we both wanted to lose weight and be more healthy. And so here it is: a revamp of our diets and new exercise routines! I’m excited to bring some healthy recipes to the blog too, along with keeping some of the same type of tasty indulgent foods as before, of course!
Related: Quick Chocolate Strawberry Oatmeal
Today is about those little tasty dessert snacks that we all need in our lives once in a while. It’s about moderation, of course, and just one or two of these little guys will satisfy any chocolate-lover’s cravings – even mine! I made a classic chocolate croissant as the base and then candied some pecans to pair with them. These are best served right out of the oven, but can be easily reheated in the oven or microwave!
Now it’s your turn: what is your favorite snack to have this time of the year? Share with me by commenting below!
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tube crescent rolls (containing 8 rolls)
- 2 oz. milk chocolate bars, broken into ½" pieces
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- To prepare candied pecans, add pecans, sugar, and butter to a small skillet over medium-high heat. Stir often until sugar and butter are dissolved and coat the pecans evenly. Cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. Transfer candied pecans to a parchment paper-lined plate or baking sheet and use a spoon to spread them out in one even layer to cool.
- While candied nuts cool, unroll tube of crescent rolls. Place 1-2 small pieces of chocolate in the center of the long edge of each triangle. Roll up each triangle into a crescent roll shape. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each roll with melted butter. Cook in heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- When crescent rolls are finished cooking, remove from oven and brush again with melted butter before sprinkling candied pecans on top of each crescent roll. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!