If you love crazy easy and tasty grilled summer meals, this one is for you! My grilled BBQ chicken thighs are paired with a creamy Greek yogurt sauce and are ready in just 20 minutes!
I just got back from my sister’s bachelorette party down in Louisville, Kentucky, and let me tell you, it was hot hot hot! And on these hot summer nights, the best way to keep from warming up the house even more is to get grilling outside.
Today I’m sharing a super tasty, and super simple recipe for grilled BBQ chicken thighs. These thighs are so quick to put together, and would go great with a simple side salad!
The chicken thighs are super easy to prepare: just slather them in your favorite barbecue sauce while grilling. The really special part about this recipe is the accompaniments: first we have fresh green onions that get nice and charred on the grill alongside the chicken. The chicken and green onions are then paired with a quick creamy Greek yogurt sauce. The sauce gets some tang from a little mayonnaise, and some tart from a little lemon juice. The best part of this recipe? Taking a nice juicy forkful of barbecue chicken thigh and crisp green onions and dunking them into that creamy yummy sauce!
I seriously can’t get over how delicious this recipe is for just 20 minutes of prep and cooking! Now it’s your turn: what is YOUR favorite simple summer grilling recipe? Share with me by commenting below, I’d love to hear all about your grilling adventures!
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp. chives, minced + extra for garnish
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 bunches scallions, whole
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat charcoal grill to medium-high heat.
- To make sauce, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons chives, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Drizzle chicken thighs and green onions with olive oil. Season both sides of chicken and green onions with salt and black pepper. Grill chicken for about 3-4 minutes per side, until nicely charred. Slather each side with barbecue sauce and grill for bout 1 minute more per side. Remove chicken from grill. Grill green onions over medium-high heat until nicely charred on both sides, about 30 seconds to 1 minute per side. Slather another layer of barbecue sauce over chicken thighs before serving.
- Serve chicken and green onions with dipping sauce. Enjoy!